Thursday, October 18, 2018

Design Philosophy

My name is Keren and I am a current Interior Architecture Student. Growing up I have always been interested in art and design it was the only thing i seemed to be good at besides playing soccer, by the age of 9 I decided that I wanted to be an Architect, the design of buildings and spaces had always intrigued me. How can one space can make you feel a certain way? and why? these were questions I always asked myself.

Drawing by Me (2017)

In high school I took every art class offered, it was what i loved to do, it was my happy place. I started college with no idea what i wanted to do, looking for my purpose in life. After realizing that i did not want to go into the medical field but i wanted to help people in some kind of way, i found Interior Architecture and it intrigued me. why not give it a shot? Interior Architecture, the best of both worlds, learning how to draft out a building by hand, but also work with the design and visual aspect of an interior space. I have always liked to watch HGTV shows to see what I could learn about building and design in a home. Designing the interior of a building is important because it has to be useful and productive but it also has to be welcoming and comfortable to be in. It has to be appropriately designed for the users of the space.



My goal as a designer is to help my clients by making my designs of any space simple, productive, but also comfortable and representative of my clients tastes and needs and also make it useful to the all of the users as well. I want to create harmony and balance within a space but also make it environmentally friendly. Green design is something that i am very interested in and learning more about it. I am open to new ideas in design and architecture.

 @kparchitecturee



1 comment:

  1. Love the sketches! I really appreciate your philosophy of sustainability, it's becoming a bigger deal!

    ReplyDelete